How to Apply
If you feel drawn to St. Francis by the Holy Spirit, we welcome your application package consisting of:
- A cover letter to the St. Francis Rector Search Committee
- Your resume
- Your Church Deployment Office Profile
- Access to two sermons that you wrote and preached recently (online or soft copy)
- Your written answers to the following questions:
- Based on our Parish Profile, what excites you most about our rector position?
- What would you expect to provide your greatest challenge as our new rector?
- Describe your personal journey of faith and your calling to this vocation. How have your life experiences changed that sense of vocation during the course of your ministry?
- Describe how you would go about growing St. Francis and helping parishioners discern and share their talents and treasure.
- Give examples of how you have helped inspire diverse groups and ages of people to understand, embrace and deepen their spirituality.
You may contact Canon Brian Nordwick, Deployment Officer for the Diocese of El Camino Real, for more information about St. Francis or the Diocese of El Camino Real. He can be reached at 831-394-4465 or via email at
Your application package should be emailed to Canon Brian Nordwick at Brian@edecr.org.
Please enter "Candidate for Rector, St. Francis, San Jose" in the subject line.
Your application will be forwarded to the Rector Search Committee once all requested documents have been received, and will be held in strict confidence with the members of the Rector Search Committee only.
An email acknowledgement upon receipt of your completed application will be sent.
We will accept applications through Monday, July 16, 2012.
This written application is the first step in our discernment process. Once the application deadline has passed, the Rector Search Committee will review all applications and create a pool of candidates for phone interviews and eventual visits. The Rector Search Committee will contact you after the application review to convey our appreciation of your interest and the status of your application.
St. Francis Episcopal Church
1205 Pine Avenue
San Jose, California 95125